Quasar Science Resources, is a private company that provides consulting Software and System Engineering services for Scientific and Innovation projects. We provide high quality tailored-made services targeted at Research Centres, Universities and Private Companies looking to expand their activity domain. We operate in the Madrid (Spain) area but our customers include national and European partners both in the public and private sectors.
Generic Position Title: Software Engineer
Location: QUASAR Science Resources, S.L. premises at Las Rozas de Madrid, Spain
Start Date: immediate
Contract Type: Permanent Position
Salary Range: 27-35 keuros depending on experience
Job Description: pdf
Deadline for Application: 9th of March 20168
How to apply: send your CV to email@example.com
You will be part of a small and friendly team, working in an AGILE approach. You will have the opportunity to build your experience in the scientific field, while developing leading edge solutions at the same time. We have several ongoing projects were you will be helping other members of the team. One of the main contributions will be to the MAGMA project. MAGMA is an R&D project that brings together a novel concept to improve the state of the art in the magnetometry field. The proposed concept aims at implementing vector magnetometers on board Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, UAV or drone, to supply innovative magnetic maps with information not only of the magnitude of the magnetic field but also of its orientation.
In particular for this position, your responsibilities will be;
- Development tasks in various software tiers including user interface, web service, business logic, integration, and database.
- Writing of application code, user interfaces, unit test cases and user documentation.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Experience on software engineering processes and general programming skills.
- Experience on software configuration control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git, Ivy, etc.).
- Extensive experience in JAVA and/or Python programming languages. C++ will be positively valued.
- Linux and PC/Windows environment.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and with Confluence and Jira tools.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest on Science in general and Astronomy in particular.